The UWA Profiles and Research Repository contains research publications and theses created by researchers and postgraduates affiliated with UWA.
Research publications are scholarly works by University-affiliated researchers and include:
- Journal articles
- Book chapters
- Conference papers
- Creative works
Where copyright and licensing agreements permit, full-text versions of research publications are included in the UWA Profiles and Research Repository. In most cases this will be the 'Author's Accepted Manuscript' (AAM) version.
While much of the repository content provides access to the full text of publications, some records will provide metadata only.
Back to top
You can upload and describe your research datasets in the UWA Profiles and Research Repository making them publicly discoverable and downloadable.
The UWA Profiles and Research Repository provides an open access platform to capture, store, and index research outputs produced by our researchers and postgraduate students. It contains research datasets, peer-reviewed books, book chapters, journal articles and conference papers and UWA theses (masters and doctorate degrees by research). You are able to link all of these outputs to your grants and research profile.
By publishing your datasets in the UWA Profiles and Research Repository you will:
- Obtain a DOI for your datasets
- Assign a Creative Commons licence to your datasets
- Assign levels of access to your dataset
- Generate a dataset citation which can be used when others cite your data
- Make your dataset publicly discoverable
This will enable you to have control over how your data is reused and cited.
For further instructions on how to upload your datasets to the UWA Profiles and Research Repository visit Publish your research data in the UWA Profiles and Research Repository.
UWA Profiles and Research Repository - Access disclaimers
In these access disclaimers these words have the following meanings:
- Data means raw data including data files; and
- Research Output means research publications (including journal articles, books, book chapters, conference papers and creative works), theses and research datasets;
- The UWA Profiles and Research Repository is an Open Access institutional repository of research outputs including datasets. It accepts research outputs created by UWA staff and students and supports UWA’s Code of Conduct for the Responsible Practice of Research.
- Are you SUBMITTING research datasets to the UWA Profiles and Research Repository? Please read the Terms of Agreement before accessing the Repository.
- To the extent permitted by law, UWA disclaims any warranties (whether express, implied or otherwise):
- as to the suitability, fitness for purpose, completeness or accuracy of the data and research outputs in the UWA Profiles and Research Repository;
- that the UWA Profiles and Research Repository or any research output is readable, available, or free from errors, viruses or other harmful components; and
- as to the quality or accuracy of the research output or any part of a research output in the UWA Profiles and Research Repository.
- To the extent permitted by law, UWA is not liable for any loss, damage, claim or cause of action (whether direct, indirect, consequential, special or incidental and howsoever suffered) by a user or a third party, related to or arising out of:
- That user or third party’s access to (or inability to access or delay in accessing) the UWA Profiles and Research Repository
- That user or third party’s use of any research output or part of any research output or other content on the UWA Profiles and Research Repository; or
- Any delays, interruptions, inaccuracies, errors or omissions or cession of services, or hardware or software failure.
- UWA does not guarantee access to the UWA Profiles and Research Repository or any particular research output. UWA does not guarantee the readability of some unusual file formats.
- UWA reserves the right to remove a research output (or any part of a research output) from the UWA Profiles and Research Repository.
- UWA is not responsible for and does not accept any responsibility for, links, access or content on any third party website whether referred to or linked in these terms or through the UWA Profiles and Research Repository or otherwise, and UWA does not endorse and is not responsible for the accuracy or any information contained on a third party site.
- Should a publisher or an author raise a complaint by emailing [email protected], that their copyright is being infringed by the UWA Profiles and Research Repository, the full text work in question will be immediately withdrawn from public access while the complaint is being investigated. All investigations arising from a take-down request will be done in accordance with the University's Take-Down Procedures.