University Library

Get It document delivery service

Further information

askUWA: answers online anytime

  Campus card holders

  Members of the public

The Library's Get It service allows eligible users to:

  • Request loans and copies from the UWA library collections directly through OneSearch;
  • Expand searches in OneSearch to request additional material not held at UWA;
  • Request items found in Google Scholar and many other external resources;
  • Request other material not available via OneSearch by filling in a blank form, accessed via the Get It request link at the top of the page.

Users must be signed in to OneSearch to access the Get It request options.

Who can use Get It?

The following UWA client groups are eligible to use Get It:

If you have any questions about eligibility please contact the library.

How to place a request

  • Sign in to OneSearch
  • Search for items you require in OneSearch. By ticking the “Expand beyond UWA Library collection” option it is possible to include references to many items not held by UWA.
  • If you find a reference to an item you require, then you can request it directly by using the available request options in the details screen.
  • If the item you need doesn’t appear in your OneSearch results, you can request it via the blank Get It form accessed from the top menu of the OneSearch screen.
  • Citations found in Google Scholar and other external resources link back to OneSearch where possible to allow Get It requesting.
  • Current requests can be tracked through your My Library Account in OneSearch. Please note that requests only appear in My Library Account while they are in process.  No historical record of requests is kept once they are completed.
  • Get It requests for digital copies and extracts are subject to Australian copyright laws. For more information on copyright, please see our copyright page.


Get It request costs are covered by the UWA library budget so there is no charge to the requester. 

Only materials related to UWA activities (teaching and learning, study, research, administration) may be requested using Get It.

Information for institutions wanting to request UWA material

For Information on how to request material from our collections (including Theses), please go to:

Document delivery for institutions outside UWA