All UWA students and staff are automatically registered as library members.
Your UWA Campus Card is also your borrowing card. Your Pheme account will give you access to your Library Account and also access to the Library's online books, journals and databases.
- Borrowing privileges and loan periods
- Borrowing from UWA Libraries
- Library notices
- Provisions for staff and students in offshore and regional areas
Borrowing privileges and loan periods
|Members||Loan Period*||Number of Items||High Demand Items||Document Delivery|
|UWA Undergraduate Students||6 weeks||30||2||No|
|UWA Honours and Postgraduate Students||Semester||Unlimited||2||Yes|
|UWA Visitor Card Holders (Staff and Postgraduate)||Semester||Unlimited||2||See staff|
|UWA Visitor Card Holders (Undergraduate)||6 weeks||30||2||No|
|Reciprocal Members||6 weeks||30||No||No|
|Community and Affiliate Members||6 weeks||30||No||No|
*unless designated High Demand (3 hour loan), or requested by another borrower.
Some materials, such as journals and reference books, cannot be borrowed but can be accessed in the library.
Borrowing options are available for clients who are physically unable to visit libraries. Please contact the library for further information.
Back to top
Borrowing from UWA Libraries
- How can I borrow? - Take your Campus Card and your items to the Information Desk or the self-check machines. Please check My Library Account, self-check receipt, or your email for due dates/times.
- How do I return? - Items need to be returned on or before their due date. Items can be returned to any library, except High Demand items - these items must be returned to the library from which they were borrowed. After hours returns chutes are available at all libraries. Please note that the Beasley Law Library returns chute is available to Law students only. If you return an item in a returns chute after the Library is closed or unstaffed, it will be backdated to the date/time the library was last open. Please remember fines for overdue items apply.
- How can I renew? - As long as an item is not required by another borrower, it can be renewed by accessing My Library Account, using the self-check machines or by contacting the library. Please make note of the new due date. High Demand loans can be renewed for a maximum of 6 hours. Overnight High Demand loans cannot be renewed the following morning. All other non-equipment loans can be renewed an unlimited number of times.
- How can I request? - Requests can be placed on items that are on loan, in process, or on the hold shelf by accessing the item record via OneSearch after signing in with your Pheme credentials. You may have up to 10 requests in progress at a time. If an item you have on loan is requested by another patron, a new due date will be issued. This will be communicated to you via your UWA email. This date overrides the original due date. Please consider this possibility before travelling interstate or overseas if you have current loans.
- How can I claim an item was returned or never borrowed? - If you are certain that you have returned or never borrowed an item that is still on loan, please contact the library.
- What are fines? - Fines accrue for overdue items and these are automatically added to your record.
Back to top
As a library user you receive reminder, overdue, recall and request collection notices by email. UWA students and staff must use their UWA email address to receive these notices. Other patrons will receive these through their nominated email address.
Please note that notices are sent as a courtesy only, and that you are responsible for the return or renewal of your loans regardless of whether these notices are received or not.
It is recommended that you check your email account regularly for notices. Your loans may also be checked and renewed by accessing My Library Account. Any overdue items on your account will be marked in orange with a clock icon and the due date/time:
Provisions for staff and students in offshore and regional areas
Back to top