Contact senior staff of the individual subject libraries for further information.
Gifts and donations to the Library are welcomed as an important and valuable means of augmenting and enriching the University's Collections in the following areas:
- UWA publications and materials written by UWA authors
- the Indian Ocean region (including the West Australian coast)
- Australian literature
- manuscripts, rare or fine press items or books published pre 1900
Conditions of acceptance
- Gifts are accepted on the understanding that items which are not selected for inclusion in the Collections will be disposed of at the Library's discretion.
- Donated material is integrated into the existing collections, and is subject to the same conditions of use as those collections. Gifts are not normally accepted if the donor wishes to place any limitations or restrictions on their use or disposal.
- Donations become the property of The University of Western Australia Library, and may not be claimed back at a later date. We do not normally accept items or collections on long-term loan.
- Special treatment of significant collections or items may be considered with the approval of the University Librarian.
- A Certificate of Transfer must be completed for donations of significant collections or items.
Gifts are normally acknowledged by letter on receipt. Where appropriate, bookplates with the donor?s name can be added to gift items.
Donations and tax benefits
The Federal Government has two programs that offer a tax deduction for the market value of significant donations to Information Services.
If you would like to donate, please contact the Special Collections Team.