Welcome to the University Library.
The Library aims to provide innovative and relevant Library services to support The University of Western Australia to be a leading global institution. We envisage the Library not just being a place where information is gathered and accessed, but where ideas are formed, inspired and shared through innovative and engaging physical and digital spaces.
The University Library shares the University’s core values and reinforces them through our staff and activities. In particular, the Library is characterised by a strong commitment to:
- collaboration with our campus partners to foster positive student experiences, transformative teaching and learning and world-class research
- efficient and responsive staff and services with a focus on innovation and continual improvement and
- providing flexible access to spaces, services and collections that enable our users to stay connected.
Library at a glance
- Our services
- The services we provide to staff, students, visitors, and alumni.
- Our collections
- Our print and electronic collections support the University's research, teaching and learning programs.
- Our spaces
- In addition to our computing facilities and copying services, we have audio visual equipment, group study rooms and training rooms for student use.
- Our staff
- Contact details and information on our world-class Library staff.
- Our research
- Have a look at the varied and interesting research conducted and published by Library staff.
Community users and visitors
Alumni, visitors and members of the community are welcome to visit any of our libraries and access a range of services and information resources.
Partnerships and initiatives
- Improvement and innovation
- We are focused on continual improvement and always seek to respond to your feedback in a timely manner. Here you can take a look at what you said and what we did to action your feedback.
- Library refurbishments
- Information about our current and recent library refurbishment projects.
- Our partners
- History of collections
- When The University of Western Australia was founded in 1913, the Library was allocated £2000 and held a few hundred books.
- Reid 50th Anniversary
- The Reid Library at The University of Western Australia celebrated its 50th birthday in 2014.
- History of computing
- The early history of computing at UWA as documented by Professor Alex Reid, director of the Western Australian Regional Computing Centre (WARCC) from 1979 to 1991.
- History of the Arts and Reid Library buildings
- Celebrating 50 years of the Arts Building and Reid Library at UWA.